International students who study only for one semester generally need not take the physical examination. You can consult with the Chinese embassy in your country whether you need the 'Physical Examination Record for Foreigner' or not.
International students who study for one academic year or more must take the physical examination. Those who have got the resident permit needn’t take again except for those who have the resident permit but under 18 years old.
The physical examination should be taken in the public hospitals one month before their departure, if the physical check-up is done at a private hospital, the student should get the certificate notarized.
Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
1. The original “Physical Examination Record for Foreigner” is requested;
2. The valid period of “Physical Examination Record for Foreigner” is six months
3. The original record should stick one photo on the upper right corner with a hospital seal upon it.
4. There should be a doctor’s signature and date at the end of the record together with a hospital seal.
5. If you need copy the blank “Physical Examination Record for Foreigner”, please print two sides in one piece of paper (Don’t print the record in two separate pieces of paper);
6. Your original blood lab reports for AIDS, Syphilis, ECG report, X-ray report should be attached to the record.
The Following Materials are Needed when Taking the Physical Examination or Verifying the Examination Results in China
1. “Admission Notice” or student ID card
2. A copy of passport
3. Two passport-sized photos
4. The complete original reports of physical examination taken in your own country
5. Around RMB 400 yuan for physical examination or RMB 60 yuan of verification fee.
After admitted by a Chinese university, international students may apply to the Chinese Embassy (or a consulate) in their own country for an X visa with documents including Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (Form JW201 or JW202), and Physical Examination Form for Foreigners. Physical Examination should be taken at public hospital or facility. Certificate from private facility is not acceptable. If the period of staying is 6 months or less, students may also apply for an F visa. The physical examination is not required for this type of visa.
Within 30 days after arriving in China, international students should apply for the Residence Permit from the International Office of Public Security Bureau. For those who hold an F visa, their study time is shorter than the validity of the visa (should be counted from the day you enter China), so they do not have to apply the residence permit.
Documents Necessary for Residence Permit
In order to apply for the Residence Permit, international students need to provide the following documents:
1. An official letter from the International College, “Admission Notice”, JW202 Form or JW201 Form;
2. A valid passport and visa (copy included);
3. Registration receipt of temporary lodging from hotel or local police station (copy included);
4. A recently taken 2-inch full-face color photo with WHITE BACKGROUND;
5. New students of degree program or people who apply for the first time for residence permit longer than one year should submit Certificate for Health by the local Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (applicants under 18 are exempt);
6. Visa or Residence Permit Application Form;
7. Other documents if necessary
As requested by Ministry of Education in China, International students staying in China must possess an insurance of at least RMB400,000 yuan worth (or other currencies equal to this amount ) individual maximum amount of compensation for overseas medical care and accidental injury with a valid period longer than the duration of study. Students who do not have such insurance or do not have up to the above required amount cannot be enrolled.
You may Purchase International Student Insurance from China Ping’an Insurance Co. when Registering:
1. Insurance Fee: RMB 300 yuan premium for a semester (6 months), RMB 600 yuan premium for one academic year (12 months). Only RMB cash is acceptable. If you purchase insurance for more than 2 years at one time, the premium for the former two years remains RMB600 yuan per year, and the premium from the third year is RMB 500 yuan per year.
2. The insurance covers hospital fees for clinic emergency treatment, clinic operation, hospitalization expenses as well as other accidental injury, etc. For more details about Ping’an insurance, please refer to The Brief Introduction to Insurance for International Students in China or visit the website: www.lxbx.net. Ping’an Insurance Company of China reserves its right for final explanation of insurance items.
If You Possess Other Insurances:
Please present English or Chinese proof of your overseas medical insurance (originals or notarized copies) Documents in other languages are not approved. The document should demonstrate that the insured individual possesses at least RMB 400,000 yuan worth individual maximum amount of compensation.