Chinese Tourist Visa (L Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for sightseeing or visiting family members or friends or for other personal affairs.
Please submit the following materials for your application
1. A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it.
2. Application form: One completed Visa Application Form.
3. Photo: one recent photo of 2x2 square inch (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.
4. First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport. Applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport, if there is a Chinese visa in the old passport, shall submit his old US passport or the photocopy of the Chinese visa.
How to apply
1. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside;
2. If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside;
No appointment is required.
Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be returned.
1. The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, additional fee will be charged per visa.
3. Same day rush service: emergency only, additional fee will be charged per visa (applications should be submitted before 12:30pm, and may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).
1. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check. Cash or Personal checks are not acceptable.
2. Please make the company check, cashier's check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
3. Fees subject to different countries.
Visa Validity and Duration of Stay
Usually the validity of a Single Entry or Double Entry "L" visa is 90 days or 180 days from the date of issue. This means the holder of the visa shall enter China no later than 90 days or 180 days from the date of issue, otherwise the visa will be expired and is null and void. Normally the duration of stay of a "L" visa is 30 days, which means the holder of the visa may stay in China for up to 30 days from the date of entry. If your estimated stay in China is longer than 30 days, please make it clear in the application form and ask for the Visa Officer's approval when you submit your application.
1. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, your visa application may be delayed or rejected.
2. Usually applicant should submit his visa application one month earlier before his trip.
3. Visa Officers are empowered to make final decision on the validity, duration of stay and times of entry of a visa and may require the applicants provide relevant documents.
4. Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.
All regulations are subject to change without notice.